Coronado Leather Americana Vintage Saddle Bag #230
Handmade leather Americana Vintage Saddle Bag by Coronado Leather, brought to you by Letherwerks.
Inspired by the original Swiss Army saddle bags used in the 1920’s - 1940’s. Originally used by the Swiss Army as saddlebags for donkeys and horses, they were later converted as functional briefcase/saddle bags by adding a leather strap and a rear carry handle (not originally included). They are classic Swiss designs with minimal pockets, but very well thought-out details like a slightly dipped front panels, side cinch-straps and smartly design hinged flaps. The bags have hand-sewn buckle attachments and hand-stained and waxed edges. A true heirloom luggage item that you can pass down for generations. All designed and hand-crafted in Coronado Leather's San Diego, California leather shop.They have re-created the designs with almost 100% accuracy, including hand-stitched details, matching hardware and and a beautiful Horween Vegetable Tanned leather (8/9oz. hides). The bags are made from 100% leather, solid brass (nickel plated) hardware and heavy-duty #270 nylon thread, nothing more. They are unlined, without zippers or snaps and will last for generations. Each seam and stress-point is reinforced with a rivet or heavy thread, just as the original designs were.
. F e a t u r e s .
- 100% Authentic Swiss Army design, circa 1920’s.
- Internal leather strap for securing items.
- Curved front panels.
- Hinged front flap.
- Spacious open compartment.
- Hand-sewn buckle attachments.
- Adjustable cross body shoulder strap.
- Edges stained and burnished 100% by hand.
. D e t a i l s .
- Dimensions: 14” x 11” x 3”.
- Strap: 44” made of Horween® Dublin Leather.
- Handmade In USA.
. M a t e r i a l s .
- Leather: Horween® Vegetable Tan Leather (5-6oz.) (Chestnut).
- Hardware: Solid Brass (Matte Nickel).
- Lining: Back leather - unlined.